They say everything is bigger and better in the great state of Texas, and there’s no doubt IAEE’s Expo! Expo! 2017 will be just that. This year’s event takes place in San Antonio, TX, a city known for its rich colonial heritage and, of course, the Alamo. The theme is all about THE JOURNEY—three days of 70+ education sessions and more than 60 product categories.
Whether you are a newcomer or a returning attendee, you want to make the most of your journey. To help you along the way, we’ve highlighted a few must-attend events at Expo! Expo!.
We’re in an ever-changing industry, which is why learning what others are doing and new trends they’re seeing is so important. GES is proud to continue as the Title Sponsor of all Expo! Expo! education sessions. With tons of learning opportunities, attendees will get their fill of knowledge by the end of the week! Here are two that I’m personally excited to attend:
- Tech Huddle: On Services, a GES Company - Tuesday, November 28, 9:40 AM – 9:50 AM, Level 1 – Main Lobby
- Sponsorship 2020: Sell More, Push Boundaries, Deliver ROI - Tuesday, November 28, 10:15 AM presented by David Saef, CTSM, EVP - GES Strategy
- Maximizing Your Experience During Expo! Expo! and Membership with IAEE (All Attendees Welcome!), Tuesday, November 28, 7:45 AM - 8:45 AM, Location: Level 2 – 220, CE: 1.
- Beyond Post Analytics: A Social Media Strategy for Engagement and Connection – Wednesday, November 29, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM, presented by Steven Vrooman, PHD, Professor & Chari of Communication, Director of General Education, Texas Lutheran University
Exhibit Hall and Booth Stops
The Exhibit Hall has extended hours this year! Take advantage of the 2:30PM – 5:00PM on Tuesday and 12:00PM – 4:00PM on Wednesday to visit more booths. Check out IAEE’s interactive floor plan to map your path out in advance.
During all that networking, you’ll need some time to get away and relax. Step off the chaotic show floor into GES’s spa-inspired booth (1129) for a complimentary hand massage. Need more R&R after the show? Ask about our WOW Spa package giveaway, valued at over $300. After the spa, jump into bed with onPeak (booth 1227) for a bit of relaxation and fun photo opp. Then visit our friends at Cadmium (booth 1229), where you can join in an exciting treasure hunt for a chance to win a $500 grand prize!
Networking and connecting face-to-face is one of the main reasons the events and exhibitions industry is so great! I’m excited about the slew of networking opportunities this year at Expo! Expo!. Here are a few events you might want add to your agenda:
- Young Professionals Party - Monday, November 27, 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM, Paramour Roof Top Bar
Don’t miss an evening to collaborate with your peers and clink a toast from the venue’s new Moet Champagne vending machine. Cheers!
- Humanity Rocks: A Celebration with a Cause – Wednesday, November 29, 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
For the 9th year in a row, founding sponsor, GES, is hosting the spectacular annual charity event, Humanity Rocks: A Celebration with a Cause. The event continues to celebrate the finest achievements of the exhibitions and events industry while giving back to the host city’s local community. This year, Humanity Rocks will benefit Boysville, a non-profit designed to help children in crisis who cannot remain in their in their own home for a variety of reasons. Please purchase tickets for Humanity Rocks within your registration portal or on-site. Continuous shuttle service from 8:45 PM to 12:15 AM between the Aztec Theatre and the Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt. Shuttles can be expected every 10-15 minutes.
- Gift of Service - Monday, November 27 – Thursday, November 30 , All day, every day
With the giving season just around the corner, let’s give back to our host city. This year at IAEE’s EXPO! EXPO, donations will be accepted for gift cards, clothing and personal hygiene products. Please click here for a complete list of requested items.
I’m thrilled to attend Expo! Expo! this year and cannot wait to see you there! Learn more about what GES is up to next week here.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Sally McComic