Toronto – April 26, 2010 – In partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Global Experience Specialists (GES) conceived and created the first-ever Harry Potter worldwide exhibition tour. Based on the blockbuster film series and J.K. Rowling’s beloved fictional books, the 17,000-squarefoot experience features more than 200 authentic props, costumes and set dressings from all of the Harry Potter films.
- Create a highly unique, authentic museum experience for Harry Potter fans of all ages.
- Represent the Harry Potter franchise to the highest degree of quality and detail while delivering leading museums with an opportunity for increased attendance.
- Create a modular exhibition built to withstand worldwide travel over the course of five years and more than a million visitors.
- To ensure the utmost quality and authenticity, GES hand selected all artifacts, including Harry’s original wand and eyeglasses, the Golden Snitch™ and Gryffindor school uniforms from the Leavesden Film Studios in England.
- Advanced multi-media, themed music, dramatic lighting and evocative scents were employed to trigger guest emotions.
- Interactive elements such as a "Mandrake pull" and "Quaffle toss," were implemented so fans could physically immerse themselves in the world of Harry Potter.
- "Diagon Alley," a successful, branded retail store managed by GES, was created so fans could shop for one-of-a-kind merchandise at the end of their visit.