Bacteria and viruses lurk everywhere. So, how can you minimize your chances of catching something while working the floor? Here’s some Do’s and Don’ts to help guide you:
- Do wash your hands frequently. Always wash your hands after using the restroom, preparing or eating food, coughing, sneezing or using tissues, contact with animals, before and after caring for another person
- Do provide disposable gloves for employees and/or customers
- Do provide tissues and dispose of them immediately after use
- Do provide hand sanitizer for your staff and booth visitors
- Do encourage fist or elbow bumps instead of handshakes
- Do wipe down surfaces throughout the day with disinfection solutions with at least 70% alcohol
- Monitor travel advisories and health statistics by local health authorities, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Do not attend events or gatherings if you are sick
- Do not share cups, drinks or food
- Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth
- Do not drink from public water fountain
- Do not reuse cups or water bottles without washing and sanitizing them.
These few simple practices are your best defense against viruses. Our primary concern is for the safety and well-being of all of our clients, vendors, staff and attendees.
Visit GES.com for more helpful tips from the trade show floor.
About the AuthorMore Content by Amy Kelley