We’ve all been there: The much-anticipated, but seriously-short-turnaround event is suddenly only a couple of days or weeks away. You’ve got a venue, but that’s pretty much it. Your boss, your colleagues, and your clients are all relying on you to pull this one off.
Time for the last-minute panic dance? Of course not!
Yes, putting together a last-minute event is a challenge, but it’s far from an insurmountable one. Whether it’s the Christmas party that has crept up on you, an industry awards do, a dazzling art installation, or a large-scale product launch, there are teams of people ready and waiting to help you create the event of your dreams—no matter the turnaround time.
Luckily, here at Blitz, we have access to those teams of people. In an effort to prevent the panic flop-sweat, we scoured the Blitz office for the best tips and tricks from our production geniuses, creative impresarios and technical wizards.
Read on, preferably while sipping a nice, calming cup of tea—and then, give us a ring!
First things first…
- What is this event about, and who is it for? It’s important to begin by defining the objectives of the event. Is it to incentivise staff, host VIPs, or generate leads? Once we understand exactly what you expect from the event, we’ll be able to come up with the right solutions for it.
- Have you got a venue? If not, let us gently guide you to our list of venue partners, which includes prestigious venues like the Natural History Museum, Manchester Central and ExCeL London.
- What’s your time frame? Even the most basic of event set-ups takes a bit of time, so make sure to involve us as soon as possible. We love consulting on things like technical access, ceiling height and capacity requirements. This also helps us plan exactly how much time we’ll need to create and build your event.
- What are your deal-breakers? What must you absolutely have? Does the budget have any wriggle room? Make sure you’ve got at least rough answers to these questions, so that we know exactly what we’re working with—and what not to do!
Consult the experts
- Sit down for a chat with one of our account managers. With years of experience, they’ll be able to help you figure out exactly what you need and guide you in the right direction.
- Hone your event’s message. This will help us as we start on the creative and design journey. It also gives suppliers a clear idea and speeds up the pre-production process.
- Trust us to create the best event for you. We’ve got years and years of experience in event creation, and our deep technical knowledge means we’ll always implement the best system and design for your specific event.
Get the creative juices flowing
- Let’s start talking digital. On a tight deadline, digital content is ideal because it can be worked on much closer to the event. Impressive elements like LED walls, animated backgrounds, opening stings and presentation content can be loaded onto show systems quicker than you might think—usually even on the day of the event itself.
- LED video walls become really interesting in time-sensitive circumstances. They’re flexible and adaptable, using 50cm x 50cm tiles to build a wide range of layouts. They completely replace the need for scenic set builds, and offer a digital canvas that lends itself to a huge variety of engaging content.
- Lighting is another tool that can be implemented very quickly. The technology has advanced so much in the last few years to include powerful and striking elements: LEDs, rotational heads, motorised zooms, variable beam angles, full colour spectrums, gobo break-up patterns—you name it, lighting’s got it! You’ll be amazed by how different lighting treatments and behaviours can change the atmosphere, energy, tone and mood of your event.
- For tighter budgets, there’s always the option of simply wrapping your set and stage in coloured felt. But, for a more premium, expressive brand treatment, we like to create a full canvas print to wrap the set. This takes some time to create and design, though, so make sure to talk to us about it as soon as possible!
- The best part about working with us? All these creative ideas and options are available under one roof, regardless of time and budget.
Get it done
No matter how impossible it may sound to you, hopefully the above tips and tricks have shown you that there’s no event too last-minute to make happen.
So come on out of the panic room, put your planning cap on, and give us a call. We can’t wait to get started on creating your perfect event!
About the Author
Alex is our Head of Business Development at Blitz, bringing a wealth of experience in the travel and events industry. With a proven track record in sales, account management and people management, Alex is a disciplined and motivated #eventprof and there’s no one better placed to help you produce your next event.More Content by Alexandra Smalley