Whether you’re integrating a new audio-visual provider onto your property or want to create a more collaborative relationship with your current provider, here are a few tips to get the most out of your partnership:
- Get acquainted. Share your property’s core values and have your AV provider do the same. Create an open environment to fuel future ideas and collaboration.
- Spend a day cross training with your AV provider. If each team understands the intricacies and nuances of each other’s role, planning, set-up and execution will go more smoothly.
- Ask your AV partner to get creative and demonstrate how employing the right technology for each unique space will drive both impact and efficiency, and benefit the bottom line.
- Allow your AV partner to speak directly with the client to discuss different ideas and encourage flexibility when it comes to their budget parameters.
- Include your AV partner in post-event meetings. Everyone benefits in the long-run from an open discussion with constructive feedback.
The bottom line is that your AV partner should be just that, a true partner in every way and an extension of your team. Consider these tips to positively affect the ongoing success of your events.
About the Author
Rick Church is Vice President, Hotel & Facility Division for ON Site - a division of ON Services. He oversees audio-visual partnerships with more than 100 hotels, conference and convention centers, including in-house as well as limited-service properties. During his 30+ year career, Rick has held regional positions in both operations and sales.More Content by Rick Church