LAS VEGAS – December 11, 2018 - GES, a global full-service provider for live events, today announced GES Project Central, the only event management platform enabling show organizers to seamlessly manage every element of an event – before, during and after the show – all from one centralized portal. Available to GES clients, it brings team members, vendors, service providers and GES together in one shared workspace streamlines communications, reduces errors, and saves time. To experience GES Project Central live, take a test drive at IAEE’s EXPO!EXPO!, December 11 and 12, in the GES booth #1127. For more information, visit GES Project Central.
“We interviewed hundreds of clients and conducted interactive sessions to develop a unique software platform designed by show organizers for show organizers,” said GES Director Client Facing Technology Paul Zickert. “We listened to our clients’ needs and collaborated with them to build a product that is easy-to-use, intuitive and has all the important functionality to seamlessly manage all aspects of an event. GES Project Central truly puts control at the organizer’s fingertips.”
“GES Project Central is a great tool, especially for use on-site, joining multiple processes into one centralized app,” said UBM Operations Manager Isabelle Ansell. “It saves me a tremendous amount of time and provides me greater visibility.”
GES Project Central builds on the core functionality of its predecessor, GES Connect. Clients who are currently using GES Connect will find enhanced functionality throughout the product. Updated features of the legacy GES Connect product include a more robust workflow and a more intuitive user interface that are all designed to optimize planning.
It is cloud-based, and built on Salesforce Lightning providing the stability and reliability of a global software leader. Optimized for laptop, tablet or mobile phone with customized views for pre/post-show and at-show, organizers will now have the ability to do the following:
- Online proofing - all proofing is now cloud-based, consolidating all comments and automated workflows in one easy space. View online side-by-side proofs and do away with writing on PDF and scanning back to your graphics team.
- Project Management - add tasks to the online platform and view them in simple timelines, Gantt charts and more. The show organizer, staff, GES, vendors, operations and more can view the platform and simplify communication in one place. In addition, add photos and files while on-site to show completed tasks all the way across the show floor.
- ProofBook - create one proofbook that combines all approved signage in one PDF. Then view the PDF directly on mobile devices without printing a large folder of proofs.
- Ordering - eliminate spreadsheets and manage all details online. Place online work and sign orders that show status and pertinent details they need to see while on-site. In addition, copy orders year-over-year for ease of use saving time on next year’s show.
- Analytics - see analytics from exhibitor orders in Expresso, GES’ comprehensive exhibitor ordering tool, putting the account team and analytics on-demand and ready to view.
- File Collaboration - share large files with GES with a simple solution. Each show has its own site and connects automatically with the GES Project Central login.
- Integrations - integration with onPeak’s reporting dashboard gives you a complete and up-to-the-minute picture of your accommodations program. In addition, integrated floorplans from ExpoCad and FloorPlan Live can be viewed, and orders from Expresso and service tickets can be opened up in pre-show and at-show mode.
GES Project Central will be available in January as Software as a Service (SaaS) at https://www.ges.com/project-central/. The software platform solves the organizational problem of juggling multiple sites, data and roles. Future versions will include additional customer-requested enhancements and integrations to more third-party partners within the industry.
GES, a Viad Corp (NYSE: VVI) company, is a global, full-service provider for live events, producing corporate events, exhibitions, conferences, congresses, exhibits and entertainment experiences. GES provides a wide range of services, including official show services, audio visual, cutting-edge creative and design, marketing and measurement services, and event accommodations – all with an unrivaled global reach. GES partners with leading shows brands, including Pfizer, Merck, Bell, Spring Fair Birmingham, MAGIC, CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE, and Canadian International Auto Show. GES’ National Servicenter® has been recognized with certification under the J.D. Power and Associates Certified Call Center Program℠ for the 10th year in a row, and for the ninth year in a row, Ad Age has named GES as one of the Nation’s Largest Experiential/Event Marketing Agency Networks. For more information visit www.ges.com.