Are You a Recent College Graduate Interested in the Events Industry, Traveling, and Producing Exhibitions?
"I think the best part of the job is working with a variety of accounts, alongside great people who teach us how to handle all situations. I really feel trusted with my responsibilities, and I see great potential in this industry because of this opportunity.”
We are recruiting the best and brightest recent college graduates to join our existing talented and experienced team members. The GES Account Associate Program is a perfect path to becoming the next generation of our industry's future leaders.
What is the Account Associate Program?
Developed in 2014, the Account Associate Program offers recent college graduates a full-time position at GES with an immersive onboarding process and hands-on training. The program introduces new team members to key departments such as business development, client services, marketing, and operations where they experience the sales business cycle from start to finish. Each team member is given the opportunity to engage and interact with clients and experience site visits, creative and planning meetings, and be onsite to assist with the production and management of key accounts that are assigned to each associate early in the onboarding process. At the end of the first year, associates are given additional responsibilities and are ready to perform business development, client services, creative, and marketing roles throughout GES.
Why did we create this program?
Born from the need to encourage more young people to enter the exhibitions and events industry and create a training program for the skills needed to successfully sell, manage, and execute exhibitions, EVP Business Development Chuck Grouzard developed the Account Associate Program. GES partners with PCMA and IAEE to recruit on-campus at universities and at regional events. Bob Ryley, SVP Business Development, and other team members manage the program once the associates are hired. With great success, the program has developed incredible industry leaders for over eight years.
Who should apply?
Recent college graduates or anyone interested in an entry-level position in the exhibitions and events industry should consider applying. The application is available online and the program begins in June 2022. Candidates should be organized, detail-oriented, natural multi-taskers that work well with a variety of personalities. Strong communications skills are essential, as is a willingness to express opinions with confidence.
Successful candidates will have:
- BA or BS in Liberal Arts, Business, Marketing, Management, or Hospitality preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Proven leadership skills and solid business acumen.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to work independently
- Ability to problem solve in a positive and creative manner that serves both GES and client needs.
- Ability to travel up to 35% and work M-F with the flexibility to work after hours/weekends depending upon client schedules.
- Position may require long hours during several months of the year. Dynamic and influential communication style.
- Understanding of team environment and how to contribute to goals in a fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite required. Experience working with Adobe.
Help our industry grow
We are reaching out to our show organizers, industry organizations, clients, and friends to help us attract the brightest young talent for this incredible opportunity. If you know a recent or soon-to-be college graduate interested in joining the GES team, ask them to apply. For those talented individuals interested in applying for a position in the future, follow GES on social media and attend local IAEE and PCMA events to become familiar with the company and our industry. If you have questions or would like to introduce a potential candidate to GES for our full-time Account Associate Program contact Chuck Grouzard.